1/ MOCHA ICE-CREAM
Most coffee shops either sell mocha or a mocha shake. My favorite is mocha ice-cream shake. It is the perfect blend of coffee and chocolate flavors. Once you can perfect the ice-cream, making the shake is easy breezy.
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cashews (raw and unsalted)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Agave Nectar
- 2 Teaspoons Instant Coffee
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A Pinch of Salt
- Soak the cashews in water for about 5-6 hours.
- Drain and add to a blender with all the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add to an ice-cream maker and churn until firm yet soft.
- Transfer to a container and freeze.
- Scoop out and enjoy!
Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
Proteins: 6.6 g
Fats: 30.4 g
2/ PEANUT BUTTER, BANANA AND CHOCOLATE ICE-CREAM
Three of my favourite things in one!
This homemade ice cream is dairy free (of course) and has a great nutty flavour (thanks to the peanut butter). It is also surprisingly healthy because it has a fruit base. A great treat for some special occasions or whenever you want to treat yourself.
- 6 Pitted Dates
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- A Pinch of Salt
- The bananas need to be frozen overnight or otherwise this won’t work.
- Break the frozen banana into small pieces and add to a food processor.
- Start slow and begin blending. If you go too fast, it will just become mushy like baby food. Instead go slow and slowly, it will start getting the consistency of a fluffy ice-cream.
- In a blender or another food processor, blend together all the rest of the ingredients.
- Now slowly add the mixture to the bananas and mix evenly.
- Process a little if needed.
- Scoop out and freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 184
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Proteins: 6.1 g
- Fats: 9.1 g
3/ BANANA SPLIT
Among my favourite childhood memories is going to a small ice-cream shop with my mom and ordering a huge banana split. Made me feel so grown up! Now that I have actually grown up, I recreate that memory by making my own banana split.
- 1 Large Banana
- 1 Scoop Vegan Mocha Ice-Cream
- 1 Scoop Vegan Strawberry Ice-Cream
- 1 Scoop Vegan Vanilla Ice-Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Slivered Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Pecans
- 1 Glazed Cherry
- Slice the banana lengthwise and place in a boat dish.
- Place the three scoops of ice-cream lengthwise.
- Top with chopped walnuts, pecans and almonds.
- Drizzle generously with chocolate syrup.
- Place a cherry on the middle ice-cream scoop.
- Take a spoon and dig in!
- Calories: 361
- Carbohydrates: 69.7 g
- Proteins: 5.8 g
- Fats: 8.7 g