1/ BLACK BEAN BROWNIE POPS
These make for excellent treats at any party and are surprisingly easy to make. I love them!
- 2 Cups Boiled and Drained Black Beans
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 5 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 12 Toothpicks
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cocoa powder and almond butter.
- Blend until soft and Pudgy.
- Roll into small balls and line on a baking tray. Stick a toothpick in each of them.
- Freeze for about 2 hours.
- In the meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and roll in shredded coconut.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrates: 16.9 g
- Proteins: 3.8 g
- Fats: 12.1 g
2/ CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT MOUSSE
Mousse is a decadent dish that is generally associated with eggs. While it is typically made of eggs, there is a vegan version of it that tastes just as good.
- 1 Can Coconut Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Grated Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Stevia or any other sweetener as needed
- Chill the coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight. If the coconut cream is not chilled enough, this will not work.
- In a large bowl, begin beating the cream. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sweetener and the peppermint essence. Mix well.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Fold the chocolate into the whipped coconut cream.
- Mix well and transfer to bowls.
- Chill for about an hour before serving.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrates: 3o g
- Proteins: 3.9 g
- Fats: 14.9 g
3/ AUTHENTIC CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Grated Dark Chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Stevia to Taste
- A Pinch of Salt
- In a saucepan, combine together coconut milk, cocoa powder and stevia. Stir.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and soy milk. Slowly add this mixture to the coconut milk while continuing to whisk.
- It will begin to thicken in front of your eyes.
- Add in the grated chocolates and wait until it is melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt. Stir.
- Transfer to cups and allow to cool.
- Freeze overnight. The pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Proteins: 2 g
- Fats: 3 g