1/ CHOCOLATE GANACHE
This is a multi-purpose sauce. You can use it as frosting, as a spread or even to flavour other recipes. If you are a chocolate lover, then it would be a good idea to have a small jar of some chocolate ganache in your pantry at all times.
Yields 1 Small Mason Jar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Starch (you can also use sweet potato starch but tapioca works best)
- 2 Extra Tablespoons Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- A Pinch of Salt
- Mix along all the dry ingredients during a bowl.
- Mix along all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk.
- Use an electric beater to ensure that everything is smooth and well dissolved.
- Pour into a sterilized mason jar and screw on the lid. Leave overnight at room temperature.
- Use as needed. It can be stored at room temperature for about a week.
- Calories: 182.6
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Proteins: 2.5 g
- Fats: 4.5 g
2/ CHOCOLATE AVOCADO FROSTING
You can never have enough frosting recipes. I mentioned one earlier and here is another version. The base is avocado, which we now know is nothing short of a super food.
Yields 2 Cups
- 2 Pitted Medium Avocadoes
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Peel and cube the avocados.
- Add to a kitchen appliance and mix till sleek. Pause in between to scrape off the sides and then blend again.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Use as needed.
- Calories: 52
- Carbohydrates: 5.5 g
- Proteins: 0.5 g
- Fats: 3.7 g
3/ CHOCOLATE FUDGE SAUCE
A fudge sauce can be used as a delicious condiment for a variety of foods. Usually, most recipes have a long list of ingredients and require extensive cooking. Not this one though. It is very easy, needs only three ingredients and can be made in a jiffy.
Yields 1/2 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- Blend together the dates and the milk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the flame and allow to simmer while stirring periodically.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, stir in the cocoa powder.
- Continue to simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a jar.
- Allow to cool and use as needed.
- Calories: 13
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Proteins: 0.2 g
- Fats: 0.1 g